1) Powdery mildew :
- It is caused by Phyllactinia corylea.
- The symptoms are white powdery patches which are found on the lower surface of the leaves which will increase after time and then the leaves turns yellowish and defoliation occurs prematurely.
- Drenching on lower surface is required and foliar spray of Sulfex 80 WP (2g/l) @0.2% will help to cure this disease.
2) Leaf Rust :
- It is caused by Peridio sporamori.
- The symptoms are brown pustules seen on lower surface and reddish brown spots on upper surface of leaves.
- The spots turn yellowish after some time and leaves get dried.
- Mainly this disease occurs in the month of February – March.
Foliar spray of Blitox 50 WP @300gm or Bavistin 50 WP @300gm is given to cure the leaf rust.
3) Leaf Spot :
- It is caused by Cercosporamoricola.
- The symptoms are light brown circular spots seen on both sides of leaves.
- The infected leaves defoliate prematurely.
- Mainly this disease occurs in the winter and rainy season.
- Spraying of Bavistin @300 gm is done at the interval of 10 days.
4) Sooty Mould :
- The symptoms are black coating seen on upper surface of leaves.
- Mainly this disease occurs in the month of August – December.
- Spraying of Monocrotophos @ 200 ml is done to get rid of sooty mould.
5) Bacterial Blight :
It will reduce the yield quality of leaves.
Spraying of Bavistin solution @300gm is used to cure disease.
6) Root Knot Disease :
- It is caused by Pseudomonas syringae/Xanthomonas campestris pv.
- The symptoms are blackish brown irregular spots are seen on leaves which later on results in curling and rotting of disease.
- The fungicide solution M-45@300gm per 150-180 litre is given to cure root-knot disease.